We partner with open innovation pioneer InnoCentive® to crowd-source solutions to our R&D challenges. Challenge descriptions and prizes posted on the InnoCentive portal.
InnoCentive manages submitter registrations and collates solutions during the 4-12 week competition phase. InnoCentive will contact you after your proposal has been assessed.
AstraZeneca reviews and shortlists submissions and awards prizes. For prize-winning ideas, AstraZeneca is granted freedom-to-operate (non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid license, with right to sublicense without limitation).
AstraZeneca can seek to collaborate with rewarded solution submitters (pending submitter interest), or proceed independently to reduce the solution to practice.
- Improving Protein Expression and Optimising Protein Purification (AWARD: $25,000 | under evaluation)
- Effective Oral Delivery of High Molecular Weight Compounds (AWARD: $25,000 | under evaluation)
- Digital Health Solutions for Clinical Trial Acceleration or Improved Clinical Outcomes (AWARD: varies | under evaluation)
- In Vitro System to Assess Gastrointestinal Toxicity (AWARD: $25,000 USD | under evaluation)
- Robust Online In Vivo Measurement of Biomarker Concentrations (AWARD: $25,000 USD | under evaluation)
- Automating drug administration and removal in multiwell plates (AWARD: varies | under evaluation)
- In vitro proximal tubule model systems (US$15,000 award granted)
- In vitro models of glomerular function (US$15,000 award granted)
- Retrievable device for islet transplantation (US$25,000 award granted)
- Developing clinically-relevant models for DLBCL (US$25,000 award granted)
- Quantitative measure of covalent binding (AWARD: US$25,000 | under evaluation)
- A sticky problem – modeling tablet stickiness (US$10,000 award granted)
- Pressure-sensing core for cardiac microtissues (2 x US$12,500 awards granted)
- Developing a minimally invasive glucose monitor (eRFP | under evaluation)
- Novel biomarkers for neuropathic pain (US$25,000 not awarded)
- Targeted delivery of oligonucleotides (2 x US$10,000 awards granted)
- Novel disease indications for AZ clinical compounds ( 2 x US$10,000 awards granted)
- Enhancing Therapeutic Delivery with Cell-Penetrating Peptides (AWARD: varies | DEADLINE: March 16, 2018)
- Novel Approaches to Form and Particle Control a Crystalline Material (AWARD: varies | DEADLINE: April 16, 2018)
- AstraZeneca Challenge: Molecular Strategies to Minimize Off-Target Toxicities of Antibody Drug Conjugates (AWARD: $15,000 USD | DEADLINE: Sep 30 2019 23:59 EDT)
- AstraZeneca Challenge: Improving the Targeting and Transduction Efficiency of Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors (AWARD: $25,000 USD | DEADLINE: Oct 15 2019 23:59 EDT)
- AstraZeneca Challenge: Automated Detection and Quantitation of Bone Marrow Cells (AWARD: $25,000 USD | DEADLINE: Jan 03 2020 23:59 EST)